Wheatgrass, as the name suggests, is a byproduct obtained from the plants of wheat. Wheatgrass is generally available in two forms, namely, powder concentrate or juice. The latter when extracted fresh from the plants is much more effective. In fact, you would be surprised wheatgrass benefits the body.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass:
- Scars on the skin can be removed effectively by topical application of wheatgrass juice.
The mixture upon sitting on the skin for half an hour rebuilds the tissue and gives you new glowing skin. This is applicable even in the case of pimples, acne etc.
- Some of us have this craving for junk food. Wheatgrass benefits the body by restoring the pH balance and thus reduce such cravings.
- It increases male fertility by increasing sperm motility with the help of a compound called P4D1.
- An unhealthy diet and lifestyle can bring down your energy levels. Wheatgrass benefits the body by fulfilling its nutritional needs, thereby letting the energy levels soar.
- It is free from gluten for the juice is extracted before the plant has grown grains. Thus, wheatgrass is necessary if you are on a gluten free diet.
- Wheatgrass detoxifies the body by flushing out the heavy metals from the body. These heavy metals tend to interfere with the physiological processes and invite illness.
- It can increase your libido and stamina. With the improved confidence under the sheets, your sex life is bound to improve too.
- Odorous body parts, especially the genitals can be a big turn off for your potential partners. Wheatgrass is extremely beneficial by eliminating the odor, leaving you fresh for a longer period.
- You can dilute wheatgrass juice with water and use it to wash your genitals, twice every day.
- Alternatively, you can also soak your undergarments in diluted wheatgrass juice before washing them.
- Dandruff can also result from pH imbalance and an unhealthy scalp. To reduce the flakiness of your scalp,
- apply wheatgrass juice on your scalp and leave it for five to six hours before you wash it off.
- Irritation and rashes can often result from alkalinity. Wheatgrass benefits the overall health of your skin both from topical application and from ingestion.
- Drink a glass of wheatgrass juice or add some wheatgrass powder concentrate to your smoothie and see those rashes fade away in a matter of weeks.
- Often, improper bowel movements can result in a number of problems, including stomach problems, irregular menstrual cycles and so on and so forth. The bowel can accumulate in the intestine and become acidic over time.
- To perform an enema on you, mix a shot or two of wheatgrass juice into a glass of water and drink it on an empty stomach.
- It will draw the matter out of your colon and cleanse your body from within.
- If you suffer from bleeding gums, pyorrhea or if your mouth simply reeks, use diluted wheatgrass juice as a mouthwash.Leaving your mouth clean, wheatgrass benefits you by promoting good oral health.
- Wheatgrass juice is green in color because of the chlorophyll content of the leaves. This chlorophyll can provide your body with the much-needed oxygen and pass it on straight to your brains, making you smarter and efficient.
- Diabetics often suffer from a high blood sugar level. This blood sugar level can be brought down by consuming wheatgrass juice, which is supposedly a natural anti-glycemic agent.
- Drugs can develop oxidative stress on the liver. This oxidative stress,when reduced by consuming wheatgrass can automatically reduce the effects of the drugs and thus save this vital organ from some serious damage.
- With the increased levels of oxygen in the bloodstream by consumption of wheatgrass juice, the oxygen gradient can improve the blood This rise in the oxygen levels thus aids the process of detoxification and stabilizes blood pressure and heart health.
- Full of antioxidants, it can fight aging effectively. Aging is often triggered by the free radicals in the body. The antioxidants in the wheatgrass juice neutralize these free radicals, slowing down this process, rendering your face with a glowing freshness to your skin.
- Wheatgrass is a natural antibacterial and antifungal agent. Thus, applying wheatgrass juice on wounds and burns can prevent infections and promote healing because it is brimming with antioxidants.
- Often, the lack of antioxidants and essential nutrients in the body result in irregular menstrual cycles and pain in women. Consumption of wheatgrass juice on a regular basis heals the nutritional imbalances in the body and helps in prevention of cramps and erratic menstruation.
- Stress, often caused by a deficiency of vitamin B can be overcome by consuming wheatgrass juice.
- A sudden dip in the iron content of the body can build up stress. Wheatgrass benefits you by achieving a better state of mind by consumption of its juice on an everyday basis.
- Alcohol, which is acidic in nature, can lead to hangovers. The alkalinity in the wheatgrass juice neutralizes the acids in the alcohol and provides instant relief from the hangover from last night’s party.
- Did you know that a low cancer environment is the breeding ground for cancer? The consumption of wheatgrass juice can keep the RBC count high and thereby detoxify your body to keep cancer at bay. In addition, it also restores moisture in the dehydrated cells of the body by alcohol consumption.
- Nails often take reflect the state of the body. Thus, if your nails look brittle, dull, yellow or blue, you know that something is terribly wrong.
- In order to prevent the same, drink a shot or two of wheatgrass juice diluted with water.
The iron in wheatgrass restores proper circulation in the body, rendering life to otherwise lackluster shine.
- Sinus, characterized by mucus deposition in the nasal tract, can be treated effectively with wheatgrass juice. Snorting or consuming the juice can easily break these mucus barriers thus created and clear the congestion.
- Sunburns, characterized by the burning of skin due to the harmful rays of the sun can be cured with the help of wheatgrass juice. Topical application of wheatgrass juice removes the outer layer of charred skin and rebuilds the underlying skin to peel off a healthy, shiny surface.
- The liver plays a key role in detoxifying the system. Eliminating the wastes, the liver might leave the body in spick and span condition, but becomes prone to damage itself. Wheatgrass benefits the body by keeping liver at the peak of its health.
- It contains a number of nutrients, which effectively manage the functioning of the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is often held responsible for weight gain. By controlling the amounts of its secretion, wheatgrass juice or wheatgrass supplements aid the process of weight loss and weight maintenance.
Related Article : Health benefits of Green Tea
- It is an excellent cure for sufferers of psoriasis and eczema.
- Soaking your body in a bathtub with wheatgrass juice or, wheatgrass powder is an excellent cure for the clinical conditions, posing skin some serious benefits.
- Alternatively, you can dilute some wheatgrass juice with water and pour it into an ice cube tray. When frozen, you can apply the ice cubes on the areas showing some degree of the symptoms of the disease.
- With the capabilities at balancing the lipid content of the body, wheatgrass plays a crucial role in helping those with high cholesterol levels. Maintaining balance, wheatgrass juice is very active in maintaining good circulatory and heart health.
Wheatgrass benefits the human body under a large number of varied circumstances. Evident from the information provided above, it is already clear how easily one can reap benefits from consuming the juice on a regular basis.
Image Credit: Flickr
Updated on : 2016/12/30