Every day, every hour, every moment, your skin is losing cells. The dead ones forming a part of the flaky upper layer of the skin is flying away. However, during summers, the sweat and the oil secretions from the sebaceous glands from the lowest layer of the skin begins to form a sticky layer on top of these dead cells. The cells remain on the skin, giving rise to bacterial infestation leading to rashes, allergies and what not. However, the solution to this problem, which is of course the biggest Skin Care Tip for summer, anyone shall give you is to use a scrub!
The rough, slightly granular particles of scrub effectively remove the extra layer of grime and the underlying layer of dead skin cells that is suppressed by the sticky sweat.
Following are 3 recipes of scrubs that you can use to make them right at your home, use at your own convenience, and ditch those cosmetic products. These Skin Care Tips for summer will indeed save those numerous trips to the departmental store to find the right scrub.
1. Oats and Papaya Scrub :
Oats are high in fiber and because of the same it can easily render the coarse consistency to the scrub recipe we are using here.
- In a blender, coarsely grind 2 to 3 tablespoons of oats and mix it with a slice of mashed ripe papaya.
Ripe papaya, in addition to antioxidants, is rich in various minerals that penetrate the pores of the skin, allowing you to reap the benefits of the fruit. The pulp from the fruit softens the oats to give it a slightly uneven consistency, slightly gooey in places because of the carbohydrates from the oats and water from the papaya and coarse because of the fibers in the oats.
- However, one can control the portions of papaya in the mixture and add a tablespoon of cold milk to the scrub. The milk will moisturize the skin while the oats will take away the grime and the nutrients from the papaya, deep conditions it.
- The scrub should be applied on your face and body (Yes! You have skin all over your body remember.) at least five times every week to shed those dead skin cells away from your body.
2. Cornmeal and Banana Scrub :
- Coarsely grind a tablespoon or two of cornmeal and add half a banana after mashing it.
- Mix it together with the back of a fork and if the mixture is still tight, add required amount of cold milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- The ground cornmeal has high fiber content like oats, so it does not completely dissolve in the banana and cold milk.
Alternatively, the banana being rich in various nutrients makes the skin soft and supple whereas the milk with its natural enzymes and fat, deep cleanses and moisturizes the skin.
3. Coffee Scrub :
- Coffee is granular and to make it into a scrub, mix equal amounts of salt and coffee in a container.
- Mix it with some purifying eucalyptus oil and sesame oil.
Sesame oil moisturizes the skin, whereas the granules of salt and coffee make it into a fine polishing agent.
The refreshing smell of eucalyptus and coffee, take away the smell of the sweat if any, whereas the eucalyptus prevents bacterial, fungal growth that can result from the accumulation of sweat.
This recipe works better as a complete body scrub since the genitalia and armpits are prone to inflammation and itching from the deposition of sweat.
The biggest disappointment about this scrub is that you must prepare it 10 – 20 minutes before hitting the shower. This scrub does not have a shelf life for the salt and the sugar tends to dissolve because of the heat and the humidity.
This recipe is highly effective for your dry heels, elbows and knees that also tend to become highly pigmented because of the deposition of dead skin in the crevices of the tiny creases in the region. Depending on your needs, you can use this scrub as frequently as you need.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER:
Exfoliation reveals the sensitive skin underneath the dead cells.Therefore, it is advisable to exfoliate at the end of the day, preferably in the evening or night time since the chances of exposing the skin to the UV rays are zero, at least for the next 6-8 hours.
Each season calls for paying attention to certain aspects of the skin care.
This article highlights the skin care tips for summer, encircles the common problems associated with the season, and finds viable solutions to the problem, unleashing the true beauty of your skin with simple organic ingredients easily available at home and supermarkets.
Free Shipping over $99 : Natural Facial Scrub
So what are you waiting for? Take your notes and hurry to fetch the ingredients for these super scrumptious remedies for your skin.
Read more :
Image credit: Flickr