Certain microorganisms, mostly bacteria have the reputation of invading the open pores of our skin filled with sweat and grime. With time, they find themselves a spot on the pore, culturing there, breeding them into a healthy colony, leaving you with inflammation, and sometimes a red tip. However, this action takes a course of a few days. Utilizing this fact to our benefits, we outline 5 ingredients from your kitchen and garden to get rid of pimples.
Read along to find which ingredients have found a place on our list along with systematic instructions as well as keynotes on the same. Most of them can be used together to help you get rid of pimples.
1. Application of Lemon Juice :
Lemon juice is a rich source of Vitamin C or Citric acid. A mild acid that forms a part of our regular diet, it works as an effective germicide and astringent.
- Lemon juice when applied either, on the affected regions or, on the whole face kills the microbes infesting on your skin.
When contemplating solutions on where and how to get rid of pimples naturally, lemon juice comes to the rescue because of its bactericidal properties and its undeniable abilities to lighten the scars.
Not to forget, that it reduces the oil secretion on the skin, this automatically makes it easier to combat further eruptions.
2. Garlic Cloves :
Every teenage girl, at some point or another, has been advised by her grandmother to eat one clove of crude garlic every day. Being a strong antibacterial and antifungal agent, crude garlic can clean your blood, preventing breakouts that often result from consumption of junk food.
Apart from that, garlic when rubbed on the affected regions on the skin, it can reduce inflammation, prevent breakouts and lighten scars from earlier pimples.
- To get rid of pimples with garlic, cut a fleshy clove of garlic into two halves and press it a little to allow it ooze its juices that work against the germs in the pimples.
3. Potatoes :
Potatoes are a natural bleaching agent. A compound in potatoes called chlorinated lignin is a natural bleach which can be used to our advantage to get rid of pimples.
- Potatoes when grated or pureed, the juice containing the bleaching agent separates out from the flesh. This juice can be used to apply on the pimples.
Not only does it effectively drain out the moisture from the pimples, it will also lighten the tanning, kill the germs and cause the oil glands to control its secretion of sebum.
4. Papaya :
Ripe papaya is rich in papain, a protein that processes proteins in the system. It is considered good for both skin and hair. The Vitamin A from the papaya is excellent for one’s vision. It also helps clean the skin and give it a smooth finish and an outstanding glow.
- Mash a bit of pulp from the fruit with its nectar slightly unevenly with a fork and pat it evenly on the face. When the nectar dries off in fifteen to twenty minutes, wash off the fruit from your face. While washing off, rub the mask on the face.
Not only will it scrub off the dry, flaky skin along with the sebum from the breakouts to help you get rid of the pimples, but it will also render smoothness to your facial skin making it soft and supple.
5. Cucumber :
Cucumber with its high Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin C content along with potassium can cool the skin. Often, breakouts result from the underlying rise in the core body temperature.
- Slices of cucumber, when applied on the face, will bring down the redness and inflammation almost instantly.
- Alternatively, to get rid of pimples, cut slices of cucumber and leave it in water for an hour. Splash the water on your face or drink a glass of the water at half an hour interval. Maintaining a gap between times of consumption helps the body absorb the water-soluble vitamins from the fruit effectively. Slices or chunks of cucumber that were soaked in water can be consumed with a sprinkle of salt and chili flakes.
- Alternatively, may you can grate it to make a face mask. The face mask is effective in cleansing the skin, especially during the summers and cleaning of the pores.
When contemplating how to get rid of pimples, fruits and vegetables are the safest way to take the natural route since it has no side effects. Even it does not work out for you; it will surely not aggravate the present situation either. Obviously, repeated use of multiple tips will help you get rid of pimples faster.
Image credit : Flickr