Almond is one of the most healthiest seeds of a tree native to South Asia and the Middle East.
Other names of Almond –
- Prunus amygdalus ( Botanical name )
- Vadam kottai ( Tamil )
- Badam ( Hindi )
Calories in Almond ( Badam ) : 655 K.cal / 100 gm
Major Nutrients Present in Almond:
Health Benefits of Almond ( Badam) :
- Reduce heart attack risk and lower the LDL cholesterol level in blood.
- Protect artery walls from damage because of the presence of flavonoids and vitamin E.
- Almonds help build strong bones and teeth.
- Provide healthy fat and aiding weight loss.
- Almonds lower the rise of blood sugar and insulin after meals.
- Almonds contain riboflavin, L-carnitine, so they reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Nourish the nervous system.
- Alkalize the body.
Major Nutrients Present- Nutritive Value of Indian Foods from National Institute of Nutrition.