Coconut, a source of one of the highest nutrient value of Potassium (Electrolytes). It also has other numerous health benefits .
Other names of Coconut –
- Cocos Nucifera (Botanical name)
- Thengai (Tamil)
Calories (energy) in Coconut : 444 K.cal / 100 gm
Major Nutrients Present in Coconut:
Health Benefits of Coconut :
- They are Antiviral, Antifungal, Antibacterial, and Antiparasitic. So it can treat certain conditions such as Influenza, Lice, Throat infections, UTI, Tape worms, Herpes, Gonorrhea, Bronchitis, and numerous other ailments caused by microbes.
- Coconut water is known to have the same electrolyte levels as human plasma and has even been used for plasma transfusion.
- Oil is excellent for keeping one young and beautiful. It has anti-aging property because it prevents free radicals in circulation.
- It helps in treating skin disorders such as an Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dermatitis.
- Helps in keeping healthy bones and prevents Osteoporosis.
Points of Caution:
- Because of coconut containing high level of saturated fat, people may develop an increase in cholesterol level and contribute to heart disease.
Image Credit: Flickr
Major Nutrients Present- Nutritive Value of Indian Foods from National Institute of Nutrition.