Other names of Garlic –
- Allium sativum (Botanical name)
- Ulli poondu (Tamil)
Calories (energy) in Garlic : 67 K.cal / 100 gm
Major Nutrients Present in Garlic:
Health Benefits of Garlic :
- It has antibacterial and antiviral property, it helps to control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast and worm infections.
- Fresh garlic is thought to play a role in preventing food poisoning.
- The chemical Ajoene found in garlic helps in the treatment of fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athletic foot.
- It has anti clotting property so helps in preventing clot formation in blood.
- Allicin in garlic helps in reducing the blood pressure.
Major Nutrients Present- Nutritive Value of Indian Foods from National Institute of Nutrition.