Other names of Jambu –
- Syzygium cumini (Botanical name)
- Naga pazham(Tamil)
Calories (energy) in Jambu : 62 K.cal / 100 gm
Major Nutrients Present in Jambu :
Health Benefits of Jambu Fruit :
- It is used in the treatment of diabetes. The extract of the bark, seeds, and leaves are used.
- Jambu seeds are fairly rich in protein and calcium. Extracts from the barks of the jambu tree have a moderate antibiotic activity.
- The bark of the jambu tree is astringent and is used in gargles and mouth washes.
- The decoction of the jambu bark and powdered seeds is considered useful in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Also used in the preparation of wines.
Major Nutrients Present- Nutritive Value of Indian Foods from National Institute of Nutrition.