Other names of Orange –
- Citrus aurantium ( Botanical name )
- Kichili pazham ( Tamil )
Calories (energy) in Orange : 48 K. cal / 100 gm
Major Nutrients Present in Orange:
Health Benefits of Orange:
- Helps to prevent cancer such as skin, lungs, breast, stomach, and colon cancers.
- Prevents kidney diseases and reduces the risk of kidney stones.
- Reduces risk of liver cancer.
- Helpful in lowering cholesterol.
- Boost heart health.
- Lowers risk of diseases.
- Fights against viral infections.
- Helps in reducing constipation.
- Help create a better vision.
- Regulate high blood pressure.
- Protect skin as it contains powerful antioxidants.
Points of Caution:
- Excessive intake of orange can cause tooth decay and high acid content can wear away enamel.
- Can cause problems with insulin or weight gain.
Image Credit: Wikimedia
Major Nutrients Present- Nutritive Value of Indian Foods from National Institute of Nutrition.