Pomegranate is one of the best super foods and most powerful antioxidant.Health Benefits of Pomegranate mostly include its ability to Lowers cholesterol factors.
Other names of Pomegranate –
- Punica granatum (Botanical name)
- Mathalam pazham (Tamil)
Calories (energy) in Pomegranate : 65 K.cal / 100 gm
Major Nutrients Present in Pomegranate:
Health Benefits of Pomegranate:
- Most powerful antioxidant.
- Pomegranate has Potent immune and anticancer supporting effects.
- Pomegranate also lowers blood pressure.
- Inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation that could cause heart attacks, strokes and embolic diseases.
- May have benefit to relieve or protect against depression and osteoporosis.
- It has shown to push reversal of coronary artery disease plaque in human studies.
- It helps to Lower cholesterol and other cardiac risk factors.
- Helps to treat anemia.
Major Nutrients Present- Nutritive Value of Indian Foods from National Institute of Nutrition.