Other names of Sunflower Seeds –
- Helianthus annuus (Botanical name)
- Suryakanthi (Tamil)
Calories (energy) in Sunflower Seeds : 620 K.cal / 100 gm
Major Nutrients Present in Sunflower Seeds:
Health Benefits of Sunflower Seeds :
- Control cell damage, thus playing a role in preventing cancer.
- Sunflower Seeds helps to keep the bones healthy and ease arthritic pain.
- The seeds soothe the nerves, thus easing away stress, migraines and help us to be relaxed.
- They bring a glow to the skin and it combats UV rays and keeps skin youthful.
- Ease every condition that is inflammatory in nature because it has antioxidant property.
- It lowers LDL levels ,thus preventing heart attacks.
- Recommended Seeds for Seasonal Affective Disorder.
Image Credit: Torange
Major Nutrients Present- Nutritive Value of Indian Foods from National Institute of Nutrition.