While millions of people worldwide struggle with weight loss, there are quite a few standing on the opposite spectrum of the weighing scale struggling to gain weight. Losing weight and being slim is good but being underweight is unhealthy too. If you feel you’re underweight, then follow these guidelines on how to gain weight.
Why Should You Gain Weight ?
Your body should feature a healthy weight in proportion to your age and height. If fat is out, skinny is definitely not in ! There are many young women with false notions of beauty and the fascination for a size zero. Well let me tell you this! Your size zero will ruin you both mentally and physically. Anorexia is fast becoming a killer and the scourge of quite a number of women worldwide. Moreover low weight gain puts you at risk of the following medical conditions.
- Low immunity
- Hypoglycemia or Low blood sugar
- Brittle bones inviting osteoporosis
- Infertility and amenorrhea
- Complications in child Birth
- Lethargy and fatigue
- Anemia and low hemoglobin
Low Weight Can Be A Result Of Physiological And Medical Problems. Sort Them Out.
If you are underweight and want to put on some extra pounds, then you seriously need to take stock of your low weight gain issues. Being underweight could be due to underlying medical problems.
- Poor lifestyle
- Lack of physical activity
- Lack of appetite
- Insufficient food
Before you embark on a routine to gain weight, visiting a physician would benefit you to rule out physiological conditions of poor metabolism and disease as mentioned above. Once these are sorted out the question of how to gain weight becomes easy.
Start exercising to increase your appetite.
Surprising as it may seem, yes! You as an underweight person need to exercise. Being fat isn’t the only reason to exercise. If you are tired and fatigued all the time, that’s due to a Lack of energy. Exercising besides eating increases energy. Here’s how.
The physiology of your muscles feature a cell called mitochondrion which are the storehouses of energy. Physical activity increases mitochondria which look to food for the production of energy. Your muscles will scream for nourishment. This will definitely make you hungry and increase your appetite.
How to Gain Weight through Proper Nutrition ?
Ensure you get a sufficient amount of the four main elements of nutrition will provide you with all of your dietary needs of nutrients, vitamin and minerals
- Protein: increases protein synthesis of muscles for strength
- Carbohydrates: provides the body energy for physical activity
- Fats: good fats to promote immunity, increase good cholesterol and build muscles.
- Fiber: provides a daily dose of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Here Are Some Good Weight Gain Tips to Get You Started .
- Increase your calories. Eat nuts, ice cream, milk, whole eggs, pasta and dried fruit.
- Have a bowl of 2 bananas and milk an hour before going to bed.
- Stop Smoking.
- Exercise in the evenings. Never exercise in the in the morning before Breakfast.
- Don’t Skip Breakfast.
- Increase your protein. Start on protein shakes
- Eat 4 to 5 times a day instead of 3 large meals
- Think Positive, Be Committed, Be Patient.
Once you know how to gain weight, ensure you abide by it. Following these weight gain tips will make a difference both to you and your health.
Image Credit : Imgur